[PD] drum pattern sequencing

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Tue Aug 20 08:39:47 CEST 2002

Hi,
Chris McCormick hat gesagt: // Chris McCormick wrote:

> I'm just wondering what techniques other people use to sequence
> drums in Pd? So far i've been using a seperate software sequencer to
> track my drum patterns in, which sends midi signals to Pd. I've been
> increasingly moving everything into Pd because of it's flexibility
> and power and i'd like to continue this trend. Any suggestions
> welcome.

I used selfmade step sequencers "sseq" (and the yet unpublished
"sseq16") in the "angriff" drum machine at footils.org. Those are
graph-on-parent patches, that can save their state. They all respond
to a global [metro] that keeps the beat, but they could also sync to
external gear: They just want numbers from 0 to 7 (rsp. 15) and spit
out numbers from 0-127.

ciao