[PD] name collisions, namespaces ..

Juha Vehviläinen jusu at acoustics.hut.fi
Wed Aug 28 08:17:06 CEST 2002

Hi there,

I just realized you can create an object like "maxlib", "ext13" or
whatever, and pd will load the library just as if I had used the
-lib parameter (assuming the library is on my path, as they are).

So it seems I could kick the -lib flag goodbye (finally) and start
marking my patches with library names.. it's still "first loaded,
first served" though.

If a patch with "maxlib" on it would give preference to objects
on maxlib, that would be the namespace thing done in minimal
effort, in a way that would simplify things instead of making it
more complex, and with the information of what libraries a patch
depends on in the right place.

(arguably, am I overlooking this?)

cheers
Juha