[PD] Re: shadow patch bug

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Sat Oct 5 23:29:54 CEST 2002

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, Joseph A. Sarlo wrote:

> > hi developers!
> > when is use pd with josephs shadow-patch, pd looks nicer but crashes
> > when opening my loopool patch.
> > Consistency check failed: glist_findrtext
> > any ideas what's wrong?
>
> Are you using any externals? I know someone had some problems with the Yves
> Degoyon grid object. I made a patch for it that was a quick fix. I think I
> still have it somewhere. If you want it, let me know.

Reading this, a discussion I had at the ICMC comes to my mind.
For one of the installations they were using a Macintosh with MAX,
the artist told me that they had to reboot the machine every day.
I asked why they didn't consider using pd (we have already several
long term installations that run over years !).

The answer was the following:
They were told that PD comes with all these extensions, which makes it
really useful, but that these extensions are really buggy. Thats why they
preferred using MAX.

Their fault I know, but it made me think ...

Greetings

Guenter