[PD] Max/MSP vs. Pd [was: shadow patch bug]

Joseph A. Sarlo jsarlo at UCSD.Edu
Sun Oct 6 19:36:16 CEST 2002

> * grid object v0.3 wasn't buggy at all with a regular pd distribution
> * it's only the shadow patch which introduced the incompatibility
> * the patched version introduced new rules for gui objects
> * these rules were not and are still not set clearly

Actually, I don't think it was the drop shadows patch that caused the
incompatibility, it was the colored patch cord patch (these are two separate
patches that I only put together in the Windows binary). But yes,
absolutely, there was nothing buggy about grid (or the patches, as far as I
know).

> * i really don't care about that patch, there are much more important
things to do

It was just something fun I did that I thought other people might like, too.
It wasn't meant to revolutionize PD or anything.

Joe
jsarlo at ucsd.edu