[PD] Important things [was: shadow patch bug]

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Sun Oct 6 16:27:23 CEST 2002

On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Yves Degoyon wrote:

> >Now back to the shadow patch: Personally I *hate* shadows, but I like
> >different colors: is there a shadowless shadow patch, a "color only
> >patch"?
> >

> about what's been said in that thread :
>
> * grid object v0.3 wasn't buggy at all with a regular pd distribution
> * it's only the shadow patch which introduced the incompatibility
> * the patched version introduced new rules for gui objects
> * these rules were not and are still not set clearly
> * some other gui objects might have the same problem
> * if you don't get this, you know nothing of versionning/bug-tracking
> * i really don't care about that patch, there are much more important
> things to do

Thats more than true. Again, sorry for trying to promote CVS with this
concrete case.

There are more important things to do than the shadow patch,
 and I have expressed what I think they are.

What are the more important things for you ?
And how do you think they could be done ? by whom ?

Greetings,

Guenter