[PD] binary sequencer / is there another way to do this?

I. Read iread at skorrecords.net
Wed Oct 16 09:53:51 CEST 2002

attached is part of patch I am working on.

instead of storing the sequence data in an array, this patch reads it
into a 16-bit number using a series of toggles. I'm just starting with
pd and although I scoured the documentation, I'm not convinced there
isn't a more efficient way of doing this. I chose to store the sequence
data in a binary fashion because I want to modify patterns using bitwise
logic.

if there an external that converts binary (say a packed string) more
elegantly than this method, or is this something I should run with as
the basis of a subpatch for a live interface involving a few
sampler-playback modules?

thanks for your consideration

-Ian