[PD] stream name

d.jl jdl at xdv.org
Tue Oct 29 22:19:41 CET 2002

[ales]->[Re: [PD] stream name]->[02-10-29 21:11]

 |i had a look around line 879 in the version 0.3d code....
 |but found nothing reminding "PureData" (exactly as you read it).
 |on line 879 of shoutcast~.c is:
 |x->x_bcname = "mp3 stream";
 |m i looking in wrong place ?

for me its in shoutcast~.c, 469

        /* information about this broadcast to be send to the server */
->    const char     *name            = "PureData";                    /* name of$
    const char     *url             = "http://www.pure-data.org";    /* url of $
    const char     *genre           = "abstract break";              /* genre o$
    const char     *aim             = "N/A";                         /* aim of $
    const char     *irc             = "#shoutcast";                  /* ??? wha$
    const char     *icq             = "";                            /* icq id $
        const char     *mountpoint      = x->x_mountpoint;                    /$
    int            isPublic         = 1;

grep -ni puredata shoutcast~.c
 should also give it to you

 |ales
 |

 |On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, d.jl wrote:
 |
 |> [Smoerk]->[Re: [PD] stream name]->[02-10-29 14:50]
 |>
 |>  |Hi Ales,
 |>  |
 |>  |or you use oggcast~ instead of shoutcast~. ogg/vorbis sounds much better
 |>  |than mp3 (lame) at lower bitrates. only disadvantage is the non-existing
 |>  |ogg player for MacOS 9 (for streaming).
 |>
 |> speaking of which, whats the status of icecast2?
 |>  last time i checked it was a 3 day hunt for
 |> icecast-2.0.tgz, just to find a README containing
 |> $ cat build/icecast-2.0/README
 |> This is still experimental.
 |> $
 |>
 |> ?

 |>  |
 |>  |Olaf Matthes wrote:
 |>  |> ales schrieb:
 |>  |>
 |>  |>
 |>  |>>hi.
 |>  |>>we have icecast running on woody, getting sound from pd.
 |>  |>>all is fine, except xmms is displaying name of the stream "PureData".
 |>  |>>is there a way to change it?
 |>  |>
 |>  |>
 |>  |> Hi Ales,
 |>  |>
 |>  |> you can only change it in the code (right now). Have a look around line
 |>  |> 879 in the version 0.3d code.... there you can change stream's name, URL,
 |>  |> artist and the like.  I'll probably add a method to set this using
 |>  |> messages (like in oggcast~). So stay tuned.
 |>  |
 |>  |
 |>  |PD-list mailing list
 |>  |PD-list at iem.kug.ac.at
 |>  |

 |> --
 |> X          d          v          .          o          r          G

x          D          v          .          0          R          g