[PD] laptop + linux + pd + help

de|ire delire at selectparks.net
Thu Nov 28 10:43:30 CET 2002

Re: [PD] laptop + linux + pd + help

the radeon is well supported for hw accelleration under the DRI
[dri.sf.net].

i get unusually high frame rates in quake3arena...
oh, and GEM also runs beautifully ;)

the only disappointing thing about the dell insprions /latitudes are the
maestro3i cards; they masquerade as a full duplex card [according to
the bios] have too much line noise and have a frigid mic [at least on
mine].

aside from the prehistoric problem of the ACPI vs change of power state
hairiness [common to many brands of laptop] the dell's are *solid and
reliable powerstations with oodles of features.

[ consider all my i8k related dotfiles public data on request]

*=gym membership

julian oliver
selectparks
+61.3.8604.4159 < - - voice
http://selectparks.net < - - home
http://selectparks.net/pubkey.txt < - - key

at approximately Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:02:16 +0000 (GMT), the X-mailer
used by
david casal <D.Casal at uea.ac.uk> suggested that
"Pine.OSF.4.44.0211271100210.9209-100000 at cpca7.uea.ac.uk" is somehow
related to:

      > | On 26 Nov 2002, Rama wrote:
      > |
      > | > If someone could recommend me any kind of solution (even
posting this at
      > | > any other list or whatever) I will be very happy. If direct
help could
      > | > be provided it would be great !
      > |
      > | http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/dell.html
      > |
      > | Radeon is definitely not supported (acceleration), but dell
laptops are
      > | definitely easier to work with in Debian than some others.
Watch out for