[PD] compile error pd-0.36-0

Michael Iber music at chemie.fu-berlin.de
Sun Dec 15 10:50:17 CET 2002

Hi Guenter,

>what is the given address ?

in /PD/DOC/1.MANUAL/x3.htm is written

  RME 9652 (Hammerfall)

This is the best sound card out there; it costs around $500 and has 3 ADAT
I/O ports and one SPDIF. There is a "baby hammerfall" also, which I think
is the "9632." DO NOT CONFUSE THE 9652/9632 WITH OTHER RME BOARDS WHICH
MIGHT NOT WORK WITH PD.

Guenter Geiger has an OSS driver for Hammerfall for 2.4 kernels (such as
RedHat 7.1 and up). You have to download and compile it:
http://gige.xdv.org/pages/rme .

You must then run Pd using the "-32bit' flag, because this uses a
non-standard extension of OSS to 32 bit samples.

Greetings,
Michael