[PD] beginner's question re text

Andy Ditzler andel at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 13 02:17:44 CET 2003

Hello,

I am starting a project in which I hope to use audio to trigger text on
a screen. My text consists of simple phrases, and I would like to have
the phrases appear, one after another - much like a Powerpoint
slideshow, only hitting a drum to advance to the next slide instead of
hitting the space bar. There is no video involved, just text phrases.

My question is, could I accomplish this using PD, or is this best
pursued using another program? Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks.