[PD] Tweaking audio settings

Søren Bovbjerg sb at cvmt.dk
Tue Jan 21 13:41:42 CET 2003

Hi

I just installed a Delta 410 card (like Delta 1010Lt but with fewer Ins)
and am using the latest ASLA driver. For the first time in several years
I need to tweak the audio settings when I run PD, otherwise I get
glitches (DAC blocked DIO errors and spikes in the sound).

I have been experimenting with the options:

-audiobuf
-blocksize
-frags
-fragsize

...and found that -audiobuf with a setting about 100 works well. In my
book this should add a horrible latency, but I cannot notice it (I use a
graphical application of an exploding firework to trikker playback
though netsend, so I use 'visual' latency measurement).

My question(s):

1) What does a audiobuf size of 100 mean in terms of latency (how many
samples or ms are we talking about here?)

2) What does the other audio settings mean?

TIA

Soeren