[PD] alias.mine file for OSX

Ivan Franco ivan.franco at ydreams.com
Thu Jan 30 15:42:47 CET 2003

Originally OS X doesn't include the .tcshrc file.
You should create it as a plain text file with the following line:

alias pd /Applications/pd/bin/pd

of course if you pd lives in /Applications/pd/bin/

you can also add any kind of flag
my .tcshrc looks like this:

alias pd /Applications/pd/bin/pd -rt -r 44100 -nomidi

besides the .tcshrc should be on your home directory and you won't be
able to see it unless you use ls -a command
(shows hidden files that start with a dot)

Hope this helps
Ivan

On Thursday, Jan 30, 2003, at 13:49 Europe/Lisbon, Alex from Idoia
wrote:

> Hello,
> In the pd doc, is said that we can create an alias for pd to  avoid to
> type the complete path everytime we open a terminal window. It is also
> said to add the alias command line in the ~/.tcshrc file to keep track
> of the alias for further uses.
> Is that something to do with an alias.mine file ? How to create a such
> file ? I could not find the ~/.tcshrc.
> Thanks

Ivan Franco
Ydreams Researcher