[PD] GRIPD won't run.

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Feb 15 09:53:31 CET 2003

Hallo,
Joseph Sarlo hat gesagt: // Joseph Sarlo wrote:

> By default, GrIPD looks for gripd.py in ../gripd (relative to PD
> executable). To change this, send the gripd object the message "set_path
> <path>" where "<path>" is the path to the directory containing gripd.py.
> See the included README.txt file and the gripd.pd patch in
> gripd/examples/ for further information

Thank you for this pointer, Josef. I misunderstood the README. But now
I've got another problem, when starting gripd:

Gtk-WARNING **: This process is currently running setuid or setgid.
This is not a supported use of GTK+. You must create a helper
program instead. For further details, see:

    http://www.gtk.org/setuid.html

Refusing to initialize GTK+.

This known behaviour of Gtk occurs because I have Pd installed suid
root to gain the best performance in realtime operation. I could
remove the suid bit, then gripd would run, but this could be bad for
Pd performance, and I don't want to do this. Does anyone have an idea
for a workaround or would this require changes to Pd itself?

ciao