[PD] multichannel audio

smoerk smoerk at gmx.de
Tue Mar 4 00:12:29 CET 2003

Pixelcorrection at wmconnect.com wrote:
> how do I configure my command line message to enable all 6 channels?
>
> I am using: a creative audigy2 platinum, sending the audio out the s/pdif to
> a Integra 5.1 digital amplifer; which is receiving the bit stream as
> prologic.

i don't know if it's possible. you can transport over a s/pdif toslink only a
ac3 encoded stream, which is a lossy enocder like mp3. i doubt that the audigy
card can encode 6 channels on the fly to ac3.

does your soundcard have 6 analog outputs and your amplifier 6 analog inputs?
quality would be much better with uncompressed analog than compressed ac3 stream.