[PD] Midiman M-audio Duo USB and you

MC DANIEL WADE ARCHIE mcdaniew at ucsu.colorado.edu
Tue Mar 11 02:06:24 CET 2003

Hello again.

First I want to thank you all for your help with my questions about
drivers for windows sound cards. Very helpful!

Now I have another question: I have this Midiman M-audio USB duo device
that I want to use with pd but I cant seem to get it to work right, can
you help?

I did pd.exe -listdev and I get:
MIDI output device #1: Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth
audio output device #1: modem #0 line record
audio output device #2:  ESS Maestro
audio output device #3: USB Audio Device
audio output device #4: USB Audio Device (2)
audio input device #1: modem #0 line playback
audio input device #2:  ESS Maestro
audio input device #3: USB Audio Device
audio input device #4: USB Audio Device (2)

so I try pd.exe -audioindev 3 -audiooutdev 4 -inchannels 2 -outchannels 2
and it doesnt crash but I dont get anything in and after a while it
crasses with an error:

WaveInAddBuffer: The specified device handle is invalid
WaveOutWrite: An invalid parameter was passed to a system function
audio I/O stuck... closing audio

error resetting input: 5

What do you think? What should I try?

Thanks again for your time. You people are really helpfull and I
appreciate it.

Viva la opensource!

-wade
mcdaniew at ucsu.colorado.edu