[PD] PD 0.36-0 and Jack 0.61.0 doesn't work?

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Tue Mar 18 18:54:16 CET 2003

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Antonis Galanopoulos wrote:
> Hi
> I got latest Jack (yesterdays CVS) , alsa rc8a. Everithing works fine
> (ardour,freqtweak,tappir, pressgang) besides qjackconnect. I use pd_devel
> from cvs a couple of weeks ago. Tried to get the newer one,  2 days ago from
> CVS but it wasn't working wth JACK.I haven't tried today though.
> Hope that helps

No :(

It works on my system, and it seems to work on several other systems too.
It is hard to say what went wrong without additonal information
What does pd say when it starts ?
Did you check out the devel_0_36 version ?
Did you compile with --enable-jack ?

.. I know there are already too many instructions to get this going.
What do people think about makeing the devel_0_36 branch the main
branch in CVS ?
Also, we could autodetect the existance of the jack library, so the
--enable-jack is not necessary anymore.

Greetings,
Guenter