[PD] PD 0.36-0 and Jack 0.61.0 doesn't work?

Antonis Galanopoulos addon at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 18 19:53:29 CET 2003

> No :(
Ok I ll try to be more analycal...

I got pd_devel from cvs 10 minutes ago, Still not working.

> It works on my system, and it seems to work on several other systems too.
> It is hard to say what went wrong without additonal information
> What does pd say when it starts ?

thats what I get when it starts:

ear:/home/anton/Desktop/final_practical_project # pd -jack -rt -outchannels 8
/home/anton/Desktop/final_practical_project/controller2.pd
reading startup file: /root/.pdrc
Testing for Jack

*** libjack: WARNING! Use of function jack_set_buffer_size_callback() is
deprecated! ***

jack: sample rate 48000/sec
using JACK audio interface
priority 98 scheduling enabled.
memory locking enabled.
priority 96 scheduling enabled.
memory locking enabled.

and at the end:
engine has shut down socket; thread exiting
pd_gui: pd process exited

I also tried with simpler patches because the one I work uses 8 jack outputs.
No difference however.
> Did you check out the devel_0_36 version ?
Yes thats what I use for the past 4 months

> Did you compile with --enable-jack ?
I did, I also tried --enable-jack and --enable-alsa together
same results

> .. I know there are already too many instructions to get this going.
> What do people think about makeing the devel_0_36 branch the main
> branch in CVS ?
As I said I already use the devel branch for the jack functionality. It has
improved very much the last few months .

> Also, we could autodetect the existance of the jack library, so the
> --enable-jack is not necessary anymore.

For the devel to compile, i need to manually create  obj and bin directories
and remove the Werror from the makefiles. Would be nice to have them fixed as
well. Although it is easy to do that manualy, is a pain until you figure it
out.

i hope now I am more helpfull
Feel free to contact me if I can do anything more to help
 --
 regards
 anton