[PD] Fwd: no sound on Macos

Michael McGonagle fndsnd at rcnchicago.com
Sat Mar 22 19:59:46 CET 2003

Adam,

I have been looking at the MIDI stuff a little bit, and as PD also uses
PortMIDI (for Mac OS X MIDI stuff), I thought that we could look at this
too.

I still can't get PD to work properly, as I still get input from all
input ports, and it outputs to all ports (not the one requested).

On the other hand, there is a program called 'pmtest' that is with the
PortMIDI library, and it works properly. It is just a commandline test
tool, but it selects the correct inputs and outputs. So, this leads me
to think that there is something that PD is (or is not) doing. I have
not really torn apart the code yet, this afternoon looks like a good time.

So, does anyone have any suggestions where to start on the MIDI stuff? I
have been compiling some "tracer" code into the MIDI objects, just to
get a feel for what code gets called when.

Mike