[PD] video analysis II

dmotd dmotd at zapz.net
Sun Mar 23 18:46:25 CET 2003

hi..

 gem's video analysis objects:
   pix_blob       the weight (size) of a colour in an image stream..
   pix_histo      output the RGBA density of a stream  to a table..
   pix_dump       output RGBA values of a frame as a list..
   pix_pix2sig~   convert RBBA channels to audio signals..
 used in combination with:
   pix_threshold  threshold filter..
   rgb2hsv        convert RGB values to HSV colourspace..
 may get you somewhere.. pix_dump is particularly useful for
 analysis as you can interpret each frame anyway you like, i used
 it in combination with the matrix objects from the zexy library,
 but beware it can be processor intensive.. there are probably many
 more analysis objects in the gem CVS?

 pdp has no analysis objects as such, but yves' pidip extention
 has a couple:
   pdp_ctrack     colour tracker, outputs the coordinates of a
                  colour(+luminosity) in a video stream..
   pdp_mgrid      outputs cell coordinates of a grid where motion
                  is detected..

 and of course there's yves' pdp2gem/gem2pdp bridge objects for the
 best of both worlds..

 if you don't have Xfree 4.x, then you won't have xv output,
 either upgrade X or download the sdl library, recompile pdp
 and use pdp_sdl for pdp output.

 enjoy!
dmotd