[PD] Multichannel audio on OS X/emi2|6

shreeswifty bigswift at ufl.edu
Mon Apr 21 01:48:22 CEST 2003

A HAA
well pd does that without all the compilation business.
i guess i am just picky cause i use two live streams in and then 5.1 out so
i want both ways functions

it seems that i had the wrong source somehow and getting the
0.36-extended2 tarball solved my problem with the front end... thanks
Alex!

i can now use all 6 outputs, but portaudio still doesn't like having
different numbers of in and out channels (eg 2 in, 6 out) and the sound
output is distorted unless i use -noadc.  2 in and 2 out still works
fine if you need to use the inputs.  can anyone shed any light on this?

This is the boat i am in. I guess the question seems to be WILL portaudio
ever allow
the multi out (6) with two in. It is just frustrating cause it works fine in
msp.

Pat