[PD] dac~'s signal too loud?

Nick Morrison nickm at internode.com.au
Mon Apr 28 16:00:20 CEST 2003

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 11:15:18PM +0930, Nick Morrison said:

> I'm running pd on FreeBSD 4.8, and it came out of the ports.  It's
> version 0.35.23.  I'm running it on a tiny Sony Vaio laptop, which is
> said to have a Yamaha DS-1E (YMF754) -based sound device.
>
> Has anyone else had (or solved!) this particular issue?

PS - I tried lowering the master and pcm volumes using the system (not pd)
mixer tool, and the distortion was apparent for the whole range.  In other
words, I'm *fairly* sure the distortion is coming from pd.

It should be noted that other sound applications (xmms, spiralsynth, etc)
do not exhibit the same behaviour.

Cheers,

Nick!

--
Nick Morrison : <nickm at internode.com.au>
Internode : http://www.on.net/

# find / -user your -name base -exec chown us {} \;