[PD] teaching PD to newbies [WAS: Re: [GEM] GEM users request ]

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Apr 29 15:49:27 CEST 2003

> On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > Recently I came to like reStructuredText, which also can be exported
> > in a lot of formats, and has the advantage, that the "markup" is
> > nearly invisible, too, because it follows the conventions of
> > email-markup.  A typical reST document looks like this:
> >
> >   My first tutorial
> >   =================
> >
> >   Chapter 1: Starting Pd
> >   ----------------------
> >
> >   I'd like to start with the *most important things* in italic letters.
> >   And so on...

reST seems quite nifty for quickly banging out simple documents, but how
does it hold up when do thing more complex things?  Yes, SGML/XML is a
pain, but once you have your docs in that format, you can do just about
anything with it in terms of formatting or even machine parsing.

I like that CSS by the way.  I edited the pd docs in the CVS to use a CSS,
so you can make them look the same.

.hc

	zen
	   \