[PD] flext for win

august august at alien.mur.at
Fri May 9 09:14:30 CEST 2003

> Oh, I didn't see yet, that you also provide Cygwin-configs (I didn't
> have time to look). So this means, that with a recent Cygwin (or also
> MinGW?) I can build flext and flext-ernals on Windows without needing
> to buy an expensive MS-product that's not included in W2000?

well, I'm finding out its not that easy.  At least for a windoze newbie
like myself.   I can compile my external and run it with cygwin.  But, it
only works inside the cygwin environment and is dependant on the
cygwin1.dll

I've been trying to compile flext and my ext with -mno-cygwin (which
should in theory compile things that run without cygwin)...but it is
prooving to be pretty tough.

> I'll have to take a deeper look, because maybe then I can provide
> W32-versions of my externals in the future myself ;)
>
> It would be cool to have a little tutorial on how to make W32 and OS-X
> ready to compile externals (flext and others), btw. Linux comes with
> the needed tools built in.

only difference i notice so far is that one has to link with -lpd under
win.

-august.