[PD] RE: pure-data.org

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Tue May 13 17:13:05 CEST 2003

Marcus Estes wrote :

> As for the software needed for this kind of venture, could "Freefilter"
> (http://www.bigbold.com/freefilter/) be modified to accomplish all of
> this? I've been considering developing a pd community along these lines,
> so I'd be more than willing to help out wherever I can.

Freefilter is a blog; it's basically a chronologic list of postings,
like a mailing list, but on a fancy web page that looks like a personal
diary, or in the case of freefilter, like a community journal. It could
be one of the functionnality implemented in the portal, but that's not
enough.

I was suggesting to try Nuxeo because I read its description yesterday:
http://www.nuxeo.org/cps/

For a more conventional portal (php based), Drupal seems a good choice:
http://www.drupal.org/ (I know two developers)

--
Marc

"If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion."
(Noam Chomsky)