[PD] pure-data.org

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue May 13 18:05:41 CEST 2003

Hallo,
guenter geiger hat gesagt: // guenter geiger wrote:

> Part of this is already there, as an idea at least, its the CVS.
> I think it is very important that the documentation, translations,
> help patches etc etc go closely together with the software, otherwise
> it creates lots of work to keep them in sync.

Definitely. It is *veryvery* hard to keep track of all the releases on
all the developers' websites. It is very easy to check them out of the
CVS and it's not too difficult to provide packages of them. The whole
Download section of pd.org should be replaced by the CVS in the end,
I'd propose. (BTW.: We still state, that externals on SF need to use
the GPL. I don't think this is correct, they just need an open source,
maybe OSI-approved license. So maybe in the end cyclone could also go
into the CVS).

ciao