[PD] pure-data.org

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue May 13 23:41:52 CEST 2003

Hallo,
ritsch at iem.at hat gesagt: // ritsch at iem.at wrote:

> Since we just changed our whole iem-site to CMS zope/plone (http://plone.org),
> we also have to migrate the pd.iem.at.
>
> So I can offer on our sever not only enough space (gigabytes) but also a
> pd/plone/zope system (eg.http://plone.org/) with personalized login (free
> join), user home space and multimdia publishing system. We have the server on
> the university-net in austria which is a 300~MBit connection.
>
> The good thing plone can offer a delegation of trees inside the site (we can
> install a poll system ?-) . Everyone can bring up a thread-tree in his folder
> or gets owner rights on otherfolders. So collaboration can be handeld dynamicly
> and a lot of documentstypes are supported.

This sounds like a very cool solution. I like plone. I only did a
short look into it, yet, but obviously the system is up and running
already - so *I* wouldn't need a deeper look. ;)

> the bad thing  ;-)) is someone has to put information in it and do a basic
> review on content to be published (since we dont want non-pd related stuff on
> it). Some adminstration task could be done by our institute admins but content
> beyond central pd info/services and iem-product info should be handeld by
> someone else.
>
> - The have it as a central site the need is that poeple help on the content. -
>
> also a cvs-server will be set up, since sourceforge is sometimes slow and we
> need to force people on our intstitute to make their development in cvs (or
> subversion) in future as an addition do pd.sourceforgenet
>
> Time: start in 2 weeks -> recruting, debugging -> mid june stable.

As IEM already is a big Pd center, it is an interesting thought to
just merge all three sites: pd.org, pd.sf.net and pd.iem into one
under the monicker pd.org

I think I already love this idea.

ciao