[PD] A beginners question.....

Rory Walsh rorytheroar at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 14:11:51 CEST 2003

You can use 'writesf' to record PD's sounds to the
hardisk, they can be played back using 'readsf'. The
difference between a patch and an external is that an
external is a PD object, such as 'metro' or 'dac~'
which has been compiled as a dll, you can then link Pd
to this dll when you startup and Pd see's this object
as one of its own. A patch is simply the window in
which you connect all your objects together with patch
cords, its called a 'patch' because it resembles the
way old analogue synths worked, in that one would
patch modules together with patch cords to create
different synthesis techniques. Any enjoy the
software, right clicking on the object mentioned above
should give you help files on them.

regards,
Rory.

 --- Shintaro Miyazaki