[PD] Pd Efficiency

pix pix at test.at
Tue May 27 15:30:35 CEST 2003

you can do some efficiency tests on your own using nqpoly or clone. make
an object that contains the thing you want to test, and instantiate a few
hundred of copies of it, it will give you a good idea of cpu usage etc.

but, i can't imagine why making your own metro would be more efficient.

re subpatches/abstractions, i'd assume that the only difference would be
at load time. once it's loaded and built in pd, there should be no
difference.

i personally don't like sub-patches, because 1) i'm always accidentally
deleting them (which was a real drag pre-undo functionality) and 2) i
prefer to make general abstractions that i can use in other patches (which
is a different take on "efficiency").

pix.