[PD] Re: Pd on OSX...

Mitchell Turner mmturner at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 24 20:11:08 CEST 2003

Nick,
I have tried several times but have not yet had full success.
Audio:
I can monitor an audio signal from PD though the Mbox but cannot get an
audio signal into PD via the Mbox.  I have not nailed down the nature
of this problem yet.  I think it is a PortAudio problem, but I am
unsure.  With most versions of PAv18, I can only get audio signals out
of PD not in.  Even the Built-in audio has this problem when compiled
with certain versions of PortAudio.  Alex was trying to get his system
working as well and maybe he can provide more info.

MIDI:
I have used the Fastlane 2X2 but have had better results with a 1X1
MIDI interface (Roland UM-1).

Hope this helps,
Mitch

> --__--__--
>
> Message: 10
> Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 14:22:50 +0100
> From: Nick Fells <nick at music.gla.ac.uk>
> To: pd-list at iem.kug.ac.at
> Subject: [PD] Pd on OSX...
>
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry to bug the list with a question that came up a few months ago
> (April I think).
>
> Has anyone had success with the following setup yet?
>
> PD with 2 channels duplex audio + MIDI i/o using OSX, Digidesign MBox,
> and MOTU Fastlane... I'm using Adam Lindsay's 'unofficial' OSX
> installer...
>
> I want to buy a number of machines with this setup but don't want to do
> it until I know it is ok (and I have to do it in a real hurry... groan)
>
> Any advice/results appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nick
> --
> Dr Nick Fells,
> Music Department,
> University of Glasgow,		Tel: +44 (0) 141-330 4096
> Glasgow G12 8QQ			Fax: +44 (0) 141-330 3518
> UK.				http://www.gla.ac.uk/music/staff/nick
> 				http://www.gla.ac.uk/music/studio
>

> --__--__--

Mitchell Turner, Ph.D.