[PD] Pd Automation

e skogen eskogen at usfamily.net
Wed Jul 23 03:39:42 CEST 2003

It's a bit of a hack, but you might consider using either:

1. Jaltoh's VST plugs (http://jaltoh.6x.to/)

or

2. Virtual Audio Cable (http://www.ntonyx.com/vac.htm)

to get MIDI and audio in and out of Pd and your sequencer. There are
some latency issues, but i've been able to trigger Pd with an external
sequencer AND send/receive audio using these tools.

I haven't been able to get Logic to send midi using Jaltoh's vst,
though. Any ideas?

Also, what is everyone else using for event sequencing? Qlists? MIDI
sequencers? Trackers? Anyone using Pd's experimental structs?

There's gotta be more than just piano rolls and rows of [toggle]s,
anyone like to share their weird sequencer ideas?

--eric