[PD] [PD]Audio IN??? ADC~

matthew jones M.Jones at signal.qinetiq.com
Fri Jul 25 13:03:56 CEST 2003

from my experience this is often to do with some built-in software that
companies like creative supply with their soundcards, or even windows
itself...
there are various 'auralisation' programs that run in the background that
mess around with your stereo output, and can automatically add microphone
monitoring to the outputs too.  The first thing to do would be to bring up
the windows audio mixer (I'm presuming you're on windows here, due to
mention of directx) by double clicking the little speaker in the taskbar,
then make sure the monitoring faders are as they should be (ie no direct
sound from microphone or other strange device that might appear). just mute
everything except CD and wave.
next if this hasn't solved it would be to go to the options menu and look at
recording options.  faders may be set wrongly here too...

and finally, run all the shortcuts to whatever software came with the
soundcard,- mixers, auralisation and environment simulations, all that
rubbish and disable it.

can you hear the mic output when pd is not running?
good luck, I may be completely wrong but these are solutions to problems
encountered by friends in the past...
cheers

matt

http://www.loopit.org/