[PD] Play/loop and pitch change

Søren Bovbjerg sb at cvmt.dk
Fri Aug 8 14:06:08 CEST 2003

pix wrote:
> more than likely it's your sample data.
>
> try a sample that is completely silent. if the click goes away, it is
> likely your data.

Well, the data is fine :-)
The loops play perfectly in any soundeditor. The number of samples is
also the same (found with soundfiler printout), so the headers should be
parsed coorectly.

> note on the tabread4~ help page that tabread4~ requires guard points
> (although it doesn't say that explicitly). valid reads are from 1 to
> size-2. you are reading from 0 to (size-1) if you are just multiplying a
> phasor.

Yes, I though it was related to something like that. The click would
(almost) go away if I used tabread~ rather than tabread4~ (no
interpolation) but sometimes a metallic sound would occur at the loop point.

I will experiment a little bit with this and Franks suggestion.

Thanks,
Soeren