[PD] external-writing question about inlets

J. Scott Hildebrand jshildebrand at ucdavis.edu
Fri Aug 8 19:43:00 CEST 2003

thanks soeren,

	right now i'm disregarding orientation. also disregarding position
because all i can do at this point is attenuate the volume as a sound gets
farther away. there are actually user controls to place the sound based on
azimuth and elevation. once i finish the multi-source convolution i'll add
a headtracker, and then get to room models.

scott

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Søren Bovbjerg wrote:

> J. Scott Hildebrand wrote:
> > right now i'm converting my convolution external to take as many inputs as
> > the user would like. i'd like to call it like this:
> >
> > multiconvo~ <number of sources>
> >
> > is there a way to do this? here is the current code i gotta play with:
>
> Have a look at maxlib at
> http://www.akustische-kunst.org/puredata/maxlib/ . The example is from
> "multi"
>
> for(i = 2; i < argc; i++)	/* create additional inlets, if any */	{
> 	floatinlet_new(&x->x_ob, &x->x_multivalue[i]);
> }
>
> This creates at least 2 inputs using the number of arguments to create
> inputs. You could easily change this to be the value (argv) instead.
>
> By the way, have you considered the user position and orientation in
> your engine or do you modify the sound coordinates before they are fed
> to the convolver?
>
> Cheers
> Soeren

	"640K ought to be enough for anybody." -- Bill Gates, 1981