[PD] Play/loop and pitch change "solved" + new external

Søren Bovbjerg bovbjerg at musik.auc.dk
Fri Aug 8 22:25:53 CEST 2003

Hi again,

Well, I did a raid on the PD source code and extracted the tabread4~
code. I added some start/end checking and managed to remove the clicking
sound. I have created an external (Windows for now, until I get to work
on monday and make the X port and some documentation aswell.... well, it
works just like tabread4~). It is called lptabread4~ and can be
downloaded at:
http://www.vrmedialab.dk/~sb/pd

I tested the CPU usage (with 48 lptabread4~s and a phasor~at one time).
It uses just about the same as normal tabread4~. Sometimes a bit less
sometimes a bit more (around 1%, so who cares?). I have removed some of
the original code that seemed to be handling the start and end
situations. I think this is somewhat redundant now, but if anybody feels
otherwise please drop me a note.

I hope this is usefull to somebody and comments are welcome :-)

Also if someone can think of a more clever name I am all ears!

Take care

Soeren