[PD] Structures without random

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Aug 10 12:50:00 CEST 2003

Hallo,
matthijs at devdsp.net hat gesagt: // matthijs at devdsp.net wrote:

> My naive way of creating pseudorandom systems is to have a bunch of
> "LFOs" running at different speeds. The more "LFOs" you have, the more
> "random" it gets, even though it's still somewhat cyclical.

You also might want to have a look at Markov chains theory. Basically
those are random variations that have a memory of their past. There
are some simple examples of that in the docs, but I'm still waiting
for Mark "Junklight" Williamson to release his Markov objects, he
talked about here once (hint, hint: mark, do you copy?? ;)

ciao