[PD] Re: [GEM-dev] still not able to use gem...

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Wed Aug 13 00:07:10 CEST 2003

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Yves Degoyon wrote:
> hi, guenter,
>

> >>... any of the developers tried to build the cvs during the last week ?
> >>

> >Yes, from time to time the CVS breaks. Although this is annoying for some
> >there is probably nothing that can be done against it. After all it is a
> >tool for developers and not a distribution channel.
> >

> you could use some tags to identify stable releases
> or at least useable ones...hum,
> anyway i find it strange that the latest tarball of Gem
> is so old given the amount of development
> there have been here.
>
> well, my 0.2 euros..

well, I would love to have a release, or at least a freeze of Gem.
(the official debian package is a CVS snapshot too, which is not really
optimal).

For that to happen we need someone that takes the lead, and this is
supposed to be Johannes.

We really should think about getting to a release before the busy times
start again ..

Guenter