[PD] multichannel rme pd-0.37-test8

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Sun Aug 17 19:54:06 CEST 2003

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003, Michael Iber wrote:
> Hello,
> trying to use channels 4-flag with rme-driver (-32bit) gives me the following
> error
>
> /dev/dsp1 (read/write): No such device
> (now will try write-only...)
> /dev/dsp1 (writeonly): No such device
> /dev/dsp1 (readonly): No such device
>
> Obviously pd is trying to use a second device which is not supported according
> to Guenther Geiger's driver-readme. pd-0.36 worked fine .......

Yes, it seems that pd 0.37 is doing something wrong with multiple channels
and the OSS driver. You can try to start in 2-channel mode and change
the number of channels with the media menu, but thats not a perfect
solution.

Seems to be a bug that has been introduced by the recent changes to
the pd media system.

As Frank said, you might try using ALSA, but be aware that pd
doesn't support the Hammerfall ALSA API.
So you will have to use JACK and the PD JACK driver.

Best,

Guenter