[PD] almost there...

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Tue Aug 19 08:05:34 CEST 2003

Hi Wade,

> Ive uploaded the most recent version of the code:
> (http://www.tessabeth.org/code/)
> But the questions are fiewer. The main ones are:
> 	It looks like I need w[1-10] but I only ask for 9 vectors in dsp. Do
> I not ask for the dataStructure reference implicitly?
> 	Could you verify that my _dsp and my _perform line up?

There are 8 vectors (7 in, 1 out).
In your updated version of sphere_tilde_dsp  the number 9 should be 10
!!!
As mentioned earlier, you must count all passed parameters, be it
vector or other stuff. There are 10 of them: ref, 7 vectors in, 1
vector out, n

> The minor ones are:
> 	If one inlet is implied, is it always at the signal rate, or can you
> change it with floatinlet?

It's both a signal and a message inlet.

> 	What do you mean by a running index?

e.g.
for(int i = 0; i < n; ++i) out[i] = in1[i]+in2[i];

on the other hand your updated perform function is just ok.

good luck,
Thomas

(i'm leaving town so i'll not be able to answer further questions...)