[PD] Latency

Luke Yelavich lukethemuso at ozemail.com.au
Tue Aug 19 08:32:34 CEST 2003

Hi all
I am wondering how one can reduce the latency of PD. I have made a simple
patch that connects some inputs on my soundcard to the outputs, and played
piano through it. The latency seems to be at least 2-3 ms. Yet in Ardour
when using Jack at a period size of 64, the latency is much less.

I am using the same window manager for both pieces of software and they are
both running with low latency and pre-empt kernel patches. I have tried
using PD's -rt flag to no avail. This is using PD's alsa support on PD 0.36.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks
Luke