[PD] multiple patches

Atte André Jensen atte at ballbreaker.dk
Wed Aug 20 15:09:59 CEST 2003

Right now I've just started figuring out pd and writing a few patches
and abstractions. But I'm wondering if I waste a lot of time because I
can't see the bigger picture. I'm planning on connecting a few more (4-6
in all) keyboards via USB to my laptop running pd. So...

1) Would it be better to run multiple instances of pd or only one
instance? How is the midi input best handled from 6 keyboards? If they
all are connected via USB they will show up (I suppose) as different
input devices, but is that possible to redirect to different patches
running at the same time?

2) How does program change work in pd? Would it be neccesary to write a
specific input module to handle stuff like that?

3) Is it possible to load/unload patches dynamically from pd, for
instance using program change?

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte