[PD] philips 680 webcam and pdp

Tom Schouten doelie at zzz.kotnet.org
Sat Aug 23 23:55:40 CEST 2003

hi marc,

as chris explained, this is a problem with colour spaces. pdp_v4l tries 3
capture modes and uses the first one that is reported to work.

i've received reports of similar problems on some bttv cards, where it
seems the first format tried does not work properly, but doesn't generate
an error either. you can fix this by "cutting a wire" in pdp_v4l.c, until
i've found a better workaround.

there is a line:

// goto test;

change it in

goto test;

and recompile. this switches pdp_v4l to rgb capture, which should work.
you can also move the "test:" label up one code block so it will try to
capture in a packed instead of planar format.

tom