[PD] system requirements video

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Mon Sep 8 23:41:57 CEST 2003

hi cgc,

thank you, for your posting, I think i am coming along now

-) Operating system Linux
-) video pack GEM, maybe pdp, ...
-) video source DV camera or analog camera coming via capture card
(composite?)
-) HD, RAM It should be possible to load the pre-recorded media into the
RAM. (3-5 minutes for each of the five files). I have not checked, if there
is a RAM video player at all!
-) CPU I know that 800 MHz with a G4 are something different than with a
Pentium. Still, I am glad to read that a lot is done by the hardware
(graphic card) and an average PC with 1GHz+ should do it.
latency actually is of importance, since the video should be like a mirror
to the performer. but some ms are ok.
I think all my questions are answered, only if there is a preferred graphic
card, to be used?

Marius.