[PD] A custom PD and knoppix how to ?

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Wed Sep 17 00:26:57 CEST 2003

hi,
the difficult thing is to burn the cd with the appropriate settings... to
recognize your hardware and the handling of the bootsequence. you have to
dig into self booting systems (maybe without harddisk...).
starting Pd by default is easy. you have to create a startfile, which is
called during the starting process. and add the command to the etc/init...
this is an example...
marius.

#! /bin/sh

# Check for missing binaries (stale symlinks should not happen)
PD_BIN=/usr/local/pd/bin/pd
test -x $PD_BIN || exit 5

case "$1" in
    start)
      echo -n "Starting PD"
      ## Start daemon with startproc(8). If this fails
      ## the return value is set appropriately by startproc.
      /usr/local/pd/bin/pd -nogui -noadc -audiobuf 20 -r 22050 \
      -lib /usr/local/lib/pd/pdp/pdp \
      -lib /usr/local/lib/pd/externs/zexy \
      -path /home/marius \
      -path /usr/local/lib/pd/pdp \
      -path /usr/local/lib/pd/externs/zexy \
      /home/marius/application.pd &
      ;;

    stop)
      echo -n "Shutting down FOO "
      ## Stop daemon with killproc(8) and if this fails
      ## killproc sets the return value according to LSB.

      kill 'cat /var/run/pd.pid'
      ;;

    restart)
      ## Stop the service and regardless of whether it was
      ## running or not, start it again.
      $0 stop
      $0 start
      ;;