[PD] Re: [PD-announce] PdVst: Pd as a VST plugin v0.0.1

Joseph A. Sarlo jsarlo at ucsd.edu
Wed Sep 24 10:31:39 CEST 2003

> nice project! and works fine (it is a pity that pd starts without
additional
> libraries).

If your patch requires an external library, you can put the .dll file in the
pdvst directory and Pd should find it automatically. Oh, but I just realized
that will only work for objects that have the same name as the library. I
guess this is first on my TODO list for the next version.

> notes:
> i have found out, that when i close vst window or apply on an audio track,
> pd does not unload from the memory. thus, after a few times of loading pd
> like vst plugin the memory is overfilled by
> N pd.exes х 6MB.

What VST host application are you running? pd.exe is supposed to exit when
either the instance of the plugin unloads (i.e. the destructor is called) or
the application that opened Pd is no longer running.

Thanks for the bug report.

Joe
jsarlo at ucsd.edu