[PD] oggcast~ streaming on Debian

rama medialist at xicnet.com
Mon Sep 29 19:49:31 CEST 2003

thanks for the tips olaf & frank¡

I will try something of what you suggest. maybe i like more to go
through cvs :)

btw, on linux when you tried oggred~ a non-ogg file, it used to crash my
pd with segfault. I managed to touch the code and put an else just on
the next line to

post("oggread~: could not rewind file to beginning\n"); # LINE 230

also modified the post() to this:

post("oggread~: could not rewind file to beginning\n oggread~: sending
end bang. the file was skipped\n");

and added just on the next line:

outlet_bang(x->x_out_end);

as I was using the endbang to jump to the next item on my playlist.

I don't know it anything I did is "correct", but it works. no more
crashes, and make use
of endbang for notifying that an ogg which was supposed to be opened,
has already finished, so that "we can know" what to do in that case.

This is the first time I touch an external and I'm not enough into C,
but if I can help someway or you wish to include this hack, just tell.

cheers

--
rama <medialist at xicnet.com>