[PD] Problems with fluid~

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Sep 29 20:33:47 CEST 2003

Hallo,
Vincent hat gesagt: // Vincent wrote:

> I got a compiled version of the fluid-external at
> <http://www.audionerd.com/> http://www.audionerd.com.
>
> When i try to run pd with fluid~-external it says:

> Load_object: Symbol "fluidsynth_setup" not found
> ../../libs/fluidsynth: can' load library.

Are you trying to load fluid~ as a library like "-lib fluid~"? If yes:
You shouldn't do that, fluid is just a single external (unless the
audionerd version is somehow changed).

> The includeded patch fluid.pd runs but doesn't make any sounds.

I doubt, that it will help, but you have to select a program after
don't know, why this is so, it hasn't been this way when fluid~ was
sill called fiiwu~ ...

> Next I tried to compile fluid by myself - i am a absolut newbie in c &
> c++. After the compiler told me that he can't fluidsynth i downloaded a
> copy of the original fluidsynth at:
> <http://savannah.nongnu.org/files/?group=fluid>
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/files/?group=fluid
>
> This time the compiler wants the fluidsynth.lib.
> This file isn't included in the fluidsynth-package!

I never compiled anything useful on Windows, so I won't be much help,
but I see that the fluidsynth 1.0.3 zip contains a spurious file
"libfluidsynth-1.dll". Maybe this should be "libfluidsynth.dll"? But I
don't have any clue actually. :(

ciao