[PD] Pd multichannel output using a PC Audigy2 ZS sound card

Rua Haszard Morris ruahm at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 10 02:32:55 CEST 2003

I don't know how this is done, but the BASS game audio
lib (www.un4seen.com), manages to allow direct use of
the six channels of my Extigy (down the USB too would
you believe it!).  I tested this with one of the lib's
demo apps, playing three different mp3 files at once
(and yes, they came out the speakers independently -
one thru the front pair, one thru the rears, and one
wierd-sounding of course the sub & centre..)

I have been unable to get PortAudio to do this - but
there must be some way, if BASS can do it!

Would be very interested to know if anybody with
know-how investigates further...

apologies for OT of this....!
Cheers,
Rua.