[PD] Pd multichannel output using a PC Audigy2 ZS sound card

Luke Yelavich luke at audioslack.com
Thu Oct 9 13:20:02 CEST 2003

At 05:33 PM 9/10/2003, Mark Constantinconstantinaconstaninus wrote:
>I wish to produce output on the 6 channels of a PC Creative Audigy2 ZS
>sound card independently (running Pd under WinXP). I have tried starting
>the program with the following:
>pd -outchannels 6
>and then address each of the outputs using dac~ 1 ...... dac~ 6
>
>However, only the standard two channels (dac~ 1 and dac~ 2) work.
>
>Any suggestions anyone might have as to how I may use the other channels
>will be greatly appreciated.

You would have to use Audigy drivers that would allow the independant use
of the inputs and outputs. IIRC, the drivers that come with the Audigy
don't allow this. Maybe they do in ASIO, but I don't know. Someone else on
the list may be able to enlighten us, as I am interested in this as well.

hth

Regards
Luke

Luke Yelavich
AudioSlack Founder and main package maintainer
Audio software packaged for the Slackware Linux Distribution
http://www.audioslack.com
luke at audioslack.com