[PD] New user question: How to create simple audio delay?

Luke Yelavich luke at audioslack.com
Wed Oct 15 09:41:22 CEST 2003

At 04:52 PM 15/10/2003, Benjamin Freidlin wrote:
>Thanks for the help, however when I run this I just hear a solid tone on
>top of the line in audio. I tried playing with that value but it just
>changes the pitch of the tone.

THe patch that was attached only uses a sine tone to show you how a delay
works. It doesn't take the input from your soundcard and output it again.

>Am I doing something wrong? I'm feeding my AM radio into the line in in
>my Santa Cruz audio card.

You simply need to put an adc~ object in place of the osc~ object. I
haven't looked at the patch in pd myself however.

Luke

Luke Yelavich
AudioSlack Founder and main package maintainer
Audio software packaged for the Slackware Linux Distribution
http://www.audioslack.com
luke at audioslack.com