[PD] mailinglist-archive, pure-data.org

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Fri Oct 17 12:20:43 CEST 2003

marius.schebella at chello.at wrote:
> Hi IOhannes, hi list,
>
> for some reasons the archie of the mailing list is extremely slow. Has anybody else experienced similar problems? searching for words takes several minutes or the connection times out. Is this a temporary problem or how can we find another solution. I find the archives a very good reference and used them often...

actually the problem is the web-server, which is currently working with
 >100% cpu-load.
this (i guess) is mainly due to the pure-data.org-portal.
a lot of people have actually subscribed to the pure-data.org and they
are doing lots of stuff, espacially storing files in the
backend-database, which makes the database extremely big (>2GB already)
nad thus slow.

Of course this was not the (our=IEMs) intention of the portal-thing and
we were not prepared for such an amount of data.
Since it slows down a lot of our services significantly, it is planned
to migrate the pure-data.org portal to a dedicated server in the near
future (next week).

Hopefully then the mailing-list archive will be faster too....

mfg.as.dr
IOhannes